My daughter loves to paint and so we have been exploring watercolor for a few weeks. A few days in, I started seeing things in her work and decided to draw out a few.
- I must preserve M’s chosen orientation of the paper
- I get one shot, so I don’t use up all of her paintings and send her the message that her work is no good
- I get
3 minutes, although I think I can keep it at 230 seconds, maybe 1 minute
- My work cannot overshadow hers: it must be equal in terms of effort and coverage (I did that a couple times and it made me sad)
- For her third birthday, I will give her the option of drawing on my paintings so we both have the same opportunities
- We plan some of the images, depending on M’s interest. If she does not have a preference, I get to do whatever I want.
I have upgraded us to watercolor paper and better paints and have started scanning these for a later collection of some sort, maybe a book for M when she is much older.
EDIT 121115: Madelene has started to give me specific paintings, with directives!
I am also starting to give Madelene some of my paintings to draw on, will post them here.